There is something so satisfying about exfoliating and the instant pay-off and gratification of smooth, soft skin. I’m always trying and collecting new exfoliators, while still in love with my all natural Lush scrub for chapped lips and my go-to Nip+Fab face exfoliator that I use 2, max 3 times a week.
So naturally a few years ago I bought the Mia 2 from Sephora, as a tool I planned to use once a week on Sundays as part of my ‘me time’, self care routine that involves steaming and weekly at home facials.
Sometimes I’m lazy and just throw on a dead sea face mask or if its been a problematic skin week a detoxing charcoal mask, BUT on the Sundays when I’m feeling like treating myself I will gently Clarisonic cleanse my face, steam, and smother my skin in some luxe face masks, followed my a toner, serum, moisturizer combo. High maintenance much? Yeah thats why this is more of a weekly weekend treat.
My simple daily skin care routine is here.
Having used this product for some time now I thought I’d share my thoughts for anyone looking to purchase the Clarisonic.
- Be gentle, the bristles come in different textures from sensitive, regular, and deep clean. The product came with the regular brush which I used, but always on the lowest setting. Eventually I switched to the sensitive bristle brush because I experienced the same cleansing results with less irritation.
- Change the brush head often and keep them stored in a dry, clean place to keep bacteria at bay. Clarisonic recommends changing the brush head every 3 months, kind of like a toothbrush.
- Remove your make up, prior to using the brush, this will help keep your brush cleaner, longer.
- Don’t OVER do it! In my option this is not an everyday product. Over exfoliating, either too frequently, or too harshly can seriously damage the skin.
- When my Clarisonic dies one day, I’m not obsessed enough that I would buy a new one. I’ll probably try out the Foreo Luna. It’s still pricey BUT it doesn’t require brush refills and is made of silicone so its easy to clean and I hear mild enough to be an everyday tool- we’ll see!
- There are so many similar and cheaper products out there now. So if you’re on a budget try a less expensive knock-off option first and see how it goes.
- There are three settings for speed, but the lowest one is the only usable ones on the face, sometimes I use the middle speed for my neck and decolletage, but the third speed is WAY too harsh.
- This product is pretty overrated, especially for the price. Theres been a lot of hype surrounding this product for awhile and I don’t think its necessarily warranted, I would give it a – 5.